Receives direction from Managerial Team. Gives direction to clinical support staff members of designated Primary Care Teams. Provide leadership and promote collaboration with internal and external team members. Works cooperatively with primary care team(s) and support staff to provide direct patient care. Provides clinical expertise and mentoring for clinical staff. Supports the overall vision of patient center medical home by achieving a positive balance of healthcare, cost outcomes and patient satisfaction on specific teams. Accountable for the patient experience through the system. Ensures appropriate standards of care are implemented and in compliance with all state and federal regulations, standards of practice, corporate policies and procedures.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization
- Provide direct patient care with exemplary customer service to internal and external customers. Duties included but not limited to triage / screening patients; patient ancillary visits (injection, wound care); patient education; shared medical appointments; follow up in the office or by telephone with patients for medical management of health condition
- Coordination of patient care under the guidance of the primary care provider (hospital transfer, blood transfusion, PICC line, urgent or emergent referral, chemotherapy coordination, IV therapy, patient centered form completion), act as liaison in person or by telephone for health plan, case management activities, home health and disease management
- Manages back office patient flow in collaboration with providers and support staff. Ensure staffing is maintained, resources are allocated adequately to meet the team(s) need to function efficiently and effectively. Communicate daily task assignments, staffing changes or shift in work requirements to help the team(s) complete work accurately and on time. Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including new employee onboarding, performance management and disciplinary action if needed
- Ensure staff and clinical operations meet audit and regulatory compliance, assist in the capture and analysis of data related to department, quality measures, policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and / or standards of care. (i.e. PCMH, A3/tier Reporting, Monthly Audits, Visit Closure Audits, Quarterly Back Office Audits)
- Develop and implement patient centered treatment plans (Coumadin, Diabetic Insulin; Hypertension) under the guidance of the primary care provider
- Maintain, facilitate and promote primary care department protocols, processes, policies and standards to include but not limited to the following: Standard Rooming, 5S Exam rooms, Daily Huddles, New and Existing patient management, Medication Refills, Pathology Specimens, Radiology Procedures, and other Specialty specific protocols as signed by department head or designee
- Prepare reports and manages assigned projects related to the team(s) to include but not limited: Automated Referral, Tasking, Ancillary, Huddles, Staff time away from work (PTO, Sick, Training, etc.), Staff job assignment and Scheduling
- Subject matter expert to include but not limited to Automated Referrals, Touchworks and IDX
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- Current CPR / BLS
- 3+ years of relevant nursing experience
- 3+ years of progressive management in healthcare
- Proficient in all Microsoft Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to perform clinical skills of assessment, triage, invasive processes and emergency care
- Adult/Geriatric experience
- Subject matter expert to include but not limited to Automated IDX, Automated referrals, Touchworks
- Previous experience in EMR
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual Spanish
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Outpatient RN, Clinic RN, Supervisor RN, Adult Medicine, Acute Care, Critical Care, Geriatric, RN Manager, BSN, Primary Care RN, Las Vegas NV