AppleCare Medical Management Group was incorporated in 2003. Over the last 17 years, the multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added over 50 new doctors - but the mission has remained the same. Today, AppleCare Medical Management is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Complex Case Manager to join our team!
- Provides health education and coaches consumers on treatment alternatives to assist them in best decision making
- Supports consumers in selection of best physician and facility to maximize access, quality, and to manage heath care cost
- Coordinates services and referrals to health programs
- Prepares individuals for physician visits
- Assesses and triages immediate health concerns
- Manages utilization through education
- Identifies problems or gaps in care offering opportunity for intervention
- Assists members in sorting through their benefits and making choices
- Takes in - bound calls and places out - bound calls as dictated by consumer and business needs
- Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned
- Current, unrestricted RN licensure
- 3+ years of Clinical RN experience
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Internet) with the ability to navigate a Windows environment and the ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Coaching and / or decision support experience
- Managed care experience
- Strong inbound and outbound telephonic skills
- Understanding of change and ability to move members along the continuum of change
- Intermediate or expert level of proficiency with being able to assess and identify needs and being able to influence and motivate
Are you ready for your next challenge? Discover it here at UnitedHealth Group and help us reinvent the health system. We're going beyond basic care, providing integrated health programs with a member - centric focus. The challenge is ensuring we deliver the right care at the right time. When you join us as an RN Case Manager, you’ll be making a difference in peoples’ lives by offering telephonic support and assistance to members seeking health education, program referrals or general health services. You will work with patients to manage their health conditions for ultimate outcomes by taking in - bound calls and placing out - bound calls as dictated by consumer and business needs.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You’ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Whether in - person or over - the - phone, we’re working to help others live healthier lives while providing an opportunity for you to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Case Manager, Complex, managed care, SNP, Cal Medi-connect, High Risk, La Palma, Anaheim, Downey, Fullerton, CA, California