DescriptionThe Utilization Management Nurse utilizes clinical nursing skills to support the coordination, documentation and communication of medical services and/or benefit administration determinations. The Utilization Management Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The hours of this role are Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm est.
The Front End Review nurse uses clinical knowledge, communication skills, and independent critical thinking skills towards interpreting criteria, policies, and procedures to provide the best and most appropriate treatment, care or services for members. Coordinates and communicates with providers, members, or other parties to facilitate optimal care and treatment. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Active RN license without restrictions
- Ability to be licensed in multiple states without restrictions
- Prior clinical experience in an acute care, skilled or rehabilitation clinical setting
- Excellent computer skills and ability to easily navigate multiple applications
- Ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Health Plan experience
- Previous Medicare/Medicaid Experience a plus
- Call center or triage experience
- Bilingual is a plus
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using a technology called Montage Voice which allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you about your relevant experience.
If you are selected for a phone screen you will receive an email inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. During this call you will be asked a set of questions pertaining to this particular role and you will provide recorded responses. The entire process takes about 15-20 minutes and can be done at your convenience. Your responses will be reviewed and you will be informed if you were selected for an in person or video interview, depending on your location.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40