Position is located in Rocky Hill, CT overseeing Field Based RN Case Managers in RI and CT. For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm) The RN Manager successfully impacts and leads assigned teams and organization by mentoring and overseeing the RN clinical team. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the duties and responsibilities for supporting and educating clinical team around accurate coding, supportive documentation, star, HEDIS quality measures and supporting the clinical team in the fundamental execution of medical management. The RN Manager will ensure the RN team is demonstrating support to APC’s with delegated activities to drive APC clinical efficiencies. Primary Responsibilities:
- Works closely with manager to build a cohesive team
- Responsible to develop a positive working relationship amongst team members as evidenced by Vital Sign results commensurate with larger site results including but not limited to employee engagement.
- Responsible to utilize organizational resources efficiently and eliminate waste from all processes- will remain focused on the process not the people
- Work directly with clinical leadership to provide ongoing development of the RN team
- Proficient in using canned reports, excel and other business tools to build an efficient productive work environment
- Will be required to attend SNF and customer meetings as needed
- Build coding competency to support/cover the RN team during periods of tight staffing, high volume of new effectives or corporate initiatives and projects
- Assures that tasks are assigned to the correct level of staff
- Supports the allocation of RN resources to achieve effective, efficient support to the APC for coding, quality gaps and other corporate initiatives
- Establish positive working relationships within the RI-CON clinical leadership team including the DCO, Medical Directors, and Clinical Advisors.
- Assures that RN team members are working at the top of their license
- Responsible to build positive rapport with the Rhode Island & Connecticut SNF and corporate partners and leadership
- Travel to Rhode Island at least monthly or more frequently as warranted.
- Actively and outwardly, support the “Everybody Sells” philosophy
- Professional Nursing Degree with current RN License in CT and ability to obtain RN license in RI
- Able to travel at times to Rhode Island and based in CT office
- BSN or Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- 1+ years of experience in leading and managing teams, including focusing on supporting, assisting and building clinical competencies for RN team
- Strong critical thinking, written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with ability to interact with professional and non-professional staff regarding healthcare issues
- Medicare criteria knowledge
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nursing Degree, RN, Registered Nurse, CT, Connecticut, Medicare, Nursing, Hartford