Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization
- Provide direct telephonic patient care with exemplary customer service to internal and external customers. Duties included but not limited to triage / screening patients; patient education; follow up in the office or by telephone with patients for medical management of health condition
- Coordination of patient care under the guidance of the primary care provider, act as liaison in person or by telephone for patient questions, elevated concerns / issues working closely with primary care providers, specialty providers and any other internal and external entities
- Supervise back office patient flow in collaboration with providers and support staff
- Ensure staffing is maintained, resources are allocated adequately to meet the team(s) need to function efficiently and effectively
- Communicate daily task assignments, staffing changes or shift in work requirements to help the team(s) complete work accurately and on time
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including new employee onboarding, performance management and disciplinary action if needed
- Ensure staff and clinical operations meet audit and regulatory compliance, assist in the capture and analysis of data related to department, quality measures, policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and/or standards of care. (i.e. A3 / Tier Reporting, Monthly Audits)
- Maintain, facilitate and promote department protocols, processes, policies and standards to include but not limited to the following:, Daily Huddles, New and Existing patient management, Medication Refills, and other Specialty specific protocols as signed by department head or designee
- Prepare reports and manages assigned projects related to the team(s) to include but not limited: Tasking, Huddles, Staff time away from work (PTO, Sick, Training, etc.), Staff job assignment and Scheduling
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- Able to perform clinical skills of assessment, triage, invasive processes and emergency care
- Proficient computer skills i.e. Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook), Experience with computer based medical record recommended
- 1+ years of relevant nursing experience in a clinical environment
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum one-year progressive management in healthcare and / or equivalent and relevant experience
- Subject matter expert to include but not limited to Genesys, Touchworks, Qfiniti, Virtual Hold (EyeQue) and IDX
- Previous business Operations experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Urgent Care RN, Critical Care RN, CCU RN, Charge Nurse, Las Vegas, NV