Here at UnitedHealth Group, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The RN/Social Worker Senior Trainer will have the opportunity to affect the delivery of training programs across United HealthCare Community and State. This individual will keep abreast of various training delivery techniques, business processes, products and systems in specific areas of expertise. This could encompass training of clinical staff such as nurses and medical directors and non-clinical staff and could include some aspects of the design process. The Senior Trainer is involved in assessing training and organizational development needs, developing training programs and/or conducting training sessions.
Positions in this function are primarily responsible for effective delivery of training programs across the organization. The RN/Social Worker Senior Trainer keeps abreast of various training delivery techniques, business processes, products and systems. He/she may also be involved in the design process. Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed and the Senior Trainer works with less structured, more complex issues. This individual serves as a resource to others.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assesses and interprets the business needs and requirements; participate in the development of reference and resource materials
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
Solves moderately complex problems and or conducts moderately complex analyses, may participate in Senior Level discussions
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex issues/tasks
- Translates concepts into practice, consistently provides practical/relevant ideas and perspectives on process or practice improvements which may easily be implemented
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coaches, provides feedback and guides others
- Acts as resource for other with less experience
- Prepare for and support effective facilitation
- Apply/support effective facilitation skills
- Manage/support the learning environment
- Measure and enhance learning effectiveness
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse license or social worker license required (LCSW/ LBSW /LMSW or similar) state specific license ( active and in good standing)
- 2+ years leading & facilitating training or management experience; i.e. classroom training, instructor led training (on location or virtual)
- 3+ years of clinical experience required ( i.e. care coordination, service coordination, case management, etc)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point required
- Experience with and working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid populations and regulations
- Experience in managing or coordinating care of complex and special needs population of all ages
- 2+ years of long term care experience; i.e. home and community based services, SNF/Nursing Facility or extended care facility settings
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to travel up to 50% required (state, regional, domestic)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year of experience leading virtual training with WebEx or a similar facilitation tool
- Experience in managed care (i.e. HMO)
- 3+ years of long term care experience; i.e. home and community based services, SNF/Nursing Facility or extended care facility settings
- Working knowledge of Visio
- Ability to work independently
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Trainer, Learning & Development; Training Specialist; Senior Trainer, Care Coordinator; Case Manager, Train; L&D; Learning & Development; Instructor; Teacher; Clinical; Care Coordination; Case Management, RN, Social Work, Brentwood, TN, Tennessee