DescriptionThe Supervisor, Care Management leads teams of nurses and behavior health professionals responsible for care management. The Supervisor, Care Management works within thorough, prescribed guidelines and procedures; uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors to solve basic problems; collaborates with management and top professionals/specialists in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
The Supervisor, Care Management oversees the assessment and evaluation of members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. Decisions are typically are related to schedule, plans and daily operations. Performs escalated or more complex work of a similar nature, and supervises a group of typically support and technical associates; coordinates and provides day-to-day oversight to associates. Ensures consistency in execution across team. Holds team members accountable for following established policies.
- Current unrestricted RN license in the state of Florida and ability to be licensed in multiple states without restriction
- 2+ years previous clinical leadership experience
- 3+ years of acute care experience
- 2+ years of case management or utilization management experience
- Proven ability to work independently and demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Must have a separate room for privacy with a locked door during working hours and during communication with members.
- Must provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required.
- Laptop will be issued for agile work environment and to maintain business continuity plan.
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Prior experience hiring, training, coaching, and termination.
- Health Plan experience
- Prior Medicare / Medicaid experience
- Previous experience in utilization management, quality management or performance improvement
- Call center or triage experience
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40