Will supervise delivery of resident care provided by licensed and non-licensed staff in Continuing Care. Ensures staffing and resident care standard are followed while on shift. Reviews documentation in medical records to insure compliance with regulations, nursing standards of practice and Erickson policy. Participates in the on-call process as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs walking rounds through all Continuing Care neighborhoods (skilled nursing, long term care, assisted living and memory care) to ensure nursing staff are providing the highest level of resident care possible.
- Reviews, adjusts and monitors nursing staffing on all neighborhoods to ensure appropriate staff is available to provide resident care and meet established PPD.
- Assists in resolving resident/family concerns and grievances.
- Assists clinical staff in assessing and resolving clinical changes in condition in all Continuing Care neighborhoods.
- Reviews resident medical records to ensure completion of admission paper, incident follow up and resident change in clinical condition.
- Consults with on-call providers as necessary as needed.
- Assists in the supervision and orientation of new nursing staff.
- Leads investigations for injuries of unknown origin, medication errors and/or abuse allegations as needed or requested.
- Completes supervisory reports as required by the Director of Nursing.
- Leads and directs nursing staff in the event of an emergency situation.
- Provides coaching and counseling as indicated.
- Conduct training, education, and evaluations as needed.
- May be requested to fill in as a licensed nurse on the floor in SN, LTC, AL or MC as needed during their shift.
- May be required to be part of the clinical on-call as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to oversee staff, residents and resident families.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multitask.
- Computer skills.
- Exceptional customer service and leadership skills.
- Graduate from Accredited School of Nursing is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in skilled nursing, long-term care or assisted living is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience is required.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Licensed in the state as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR certification required.