Become a part of our First Transit team as a Road Supervisor. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
· Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
· A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
· A great work environment.
Road Supervisor responsibilities include:
· Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers.
· Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and evaluation reports to local management.
· Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers in preparing accident reports, OSHA reports and safety violations documents.
· Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents.
· Observes drivers on the road, and corrects safety problems on the scene while documenting violations.
· Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in customer service issues.
· Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well as compliance in legal, employment and labor policy matters.
· Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug testing and recordkeeping.
· Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
· Meets all driver qualifications at location.
· Obtains a CDL required to operate vehicles at location, maintains that license, and drives route periodically.
· Additional duties as assigned.
Road Supervisor requirements:
· Must possess a CDL B with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements
· High School Diploma or GED, College Level education highly desirable.
· Supervisory experience with hourly employees, with 2-3 years of transit supervisory experience preferred
· Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
· Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
· Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public; fluent in English
· Human resources and training experience
· Work extended hours regularly, including Saturday
· Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
· Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
Essential Job Functions:
· Use of full ranges of hearing, speech and vision
· Use of fingers (manual dexterity) handling paperwork
· Stoop, crouch, squat or kneel when performing inspections of any type
· Bend at knee, hip, waist when performing duties
· Stand while performing inspections and platform training
· Be subject to wet, cold or hot environmental conditions
· Write reports in a coherent, legible way
· All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.