Job Purpose: Serves as First Line supervisors for Drivers, customer response, driver field evaluation and accident first-responders.
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers.
- Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and evaluation reports to local management.
- Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers in preparing accident reports, OSHA reports and safety violations documents.
- Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents.
- Observes drivers on the road, and corrects safety problems on the scene while documenting violations.
- Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in customer service issues.
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well as compliance in legal, employment and labor policy matters.
- Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug testing and recordkeeping.
- Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
- Meets all driver qualifications at location.
- Obtains a CDL required to operate vehicles at location, maintains that license, and drives route periodically.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Experience & Skills Required:
- Supervisory experience with hourly employees, with 2-3 years of transit supervisory experience preferred
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public; fluent in English
- Human resources and training experience preferred.
- Work extended hours regularly, including Saturday
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
Essential Job Functions:
- Use of full ranges of hearing, speech and vision
- Use of fingers (manual dexterity) handling paperwork
- Stoop, crouch, squat or kneel when performing inspections of any type
- Bend at knee, hip, waist when performing duties
- Stand while performing inspections and platform training
- Be subject to wet, cold or hot environmental conditions
- Write reports in a coherent, legible way
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel): Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
Typical office environment, transit facilities, maintenance facilities and transit vehicles
Must be able to pass a DOT exam, background check and drug screen.
First Transit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.