The rolling stock maintenance mechanic 2 is responsible for the maintenance; PM’s and repairs of rolling stock equipment. He is responsible for keeping records on all equipment being repaired or PM’d. The tech must follow all manufacture’s specs and procedures on the equipment. It is critical that he test the equipment before turning it over to production because of personnel safety.
Principal and Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Troubleshoot, repair and PM various types of rolling stock equipment such as double
jacks, pickers, reach lifts, and forklift.
- Maintain an inventory of all critical parts used for repair.
- Work with various venders for technical support on equipment.
- Complete all job assignments in a timely manner.
- Keep working area clean and safe at all times.
- Travel to other buildings as needed for repairs on equip.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of rolling stock experience.
- Basic knowledge of electric meters and test equipment.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic operation.
- Ability to do preventive maintenance on all equipment as needed.
- Ability to maintain work order records on repairs and PM’s.
- Must have basic knowledge of AC and DC circuits.
- Must have knowledge of reach lifts, double jacks, pickers, and forklifts.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written direction.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn all aspects of rolling stock maintenance.
- Must work under the direction of journey-level maintenance personnel.
- Must follow all maintenance shop rules and regulations.
- Must maintain a good safety record.
Essential Physical Requirements of the Position:
Ability to meet the requirements of this section listed below
- Working hours
- Physical requirements
- Environmental conditions
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.