Keep Yellowstone's guests and employees safe!
What We Are Looking For
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have immediate openings available for the 2019 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (now through October 2019). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
A Day in the Life
Safety and Security Guards patrol buildings and grounds to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions such as fires, theft, vandalism, etc. The guards are constantly on the move, and throughout the day they respond to a variety of issues that range from minor events to major emergencies.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Applicants interested in Safety and Security positions in Yellowstone must:
- Have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must pass a DOT physical and obtain a medical examiner’s certificate prior to the agreed upon employment start date.
- Demonstrate maturity, a professional demeanor, good judgment, diplomacy, objectivity, and sound conflict/crisis intervention and problem-solving skills for managing employee or guest complaints.
- Be able to effectively perform duties in highly stressful or crisis situations and work under pressure without the loss of composure.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.