Want to work for a company that's REALLY moving? Join First Transit!
The Safety Clerk will provide confidential administrative support to the Safety Department and other local management. This position holder will report directly to the Safety Manager. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages.
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Safety Clerk Major Responsibilities
- Create and maintain files per company, client, and federal stands such as employee records and certifications.
- Extract and process the RTD Customer Service Reports assigned to Commerce City, including ADA complaints.
- Conduct video reviews and documentation of findings, preparing files for retention, and responding to the client.
- Update and maintain the safety toolbox/ database in the company portal, including the bus operator certification tracker and safety awards programs.
- As instructed, perform any duties assigned by local management relating to maintaining DOT, FTA, and State regulatory compliance.
- Assist the HR Department with pre - employment checks or other related reports as needed.
- This position is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Other duties assigned
Safety Clerk Minimum Requirements:
- High school Diploma or GED; College education preferred.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and pass a non - DOT physical and drug screen
- Excellent communication skill (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and total confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Prior confidential administrative experience is preferred.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.