ABOUT THE JOB Ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and visitors that protects our assets and minimizes liabilities and losses to secure IKEA as the best home furnishings company in the local market
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your main tasks will include: .
- Ensure compliance with IKEA Risk Management standards on a consistent basis via a regular series of audits, follow-up, education & training, and reports
- Respond to accidents and provide basic first aid and/or CPR
- Perform accident investigations and complete reports .
- Ensure building and premises security
- Monitor alarm systems
- Respond to alarms (burglar alarm, fire alarm, panic alarms)
- Monitor Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) camera equipment
- Respond to various security situations
- Document all incidents that relate to potential liability for IKEA
- Partner with managers and co-workers to influence and support overall positive working environment to include actions to secure a safe working environment
- Conduct internal and external theft and fraud investigations
- Detect internal and external theft; make apprehensions as necessary
- Conduct training classes
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Knowledge and experience in safety/security audit programs or operational audits
- Knowledge of basic first aid, CPR, AED
- Computer aptitude – previous experience with Microsoft applications
- Knowledge and experience with security monitoring and/or alarm systems and equipment
- Knowledge of state OSHA regulations, local fire code
- Knowledge of merchant laws, laws of arrest/search/seizure
- Previous retail Safety & Security experience preferred
- Strong desire to ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and visitors
- Good interpersonal, communications, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Good decision-making skills with the ability to influence and act
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to establish trustful relationships and commitments with coworkers across all levels of the organization .
- Fluent in English (written and verbal skills)
- Ability to share your knowledge and learning and collaborate with others while acting as a cultural ambassador .
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
- Interest in Home Furnishings
Report to: Safety & Security Manager
Work Location: Fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume retail store, service office, or distribution center . Physical/Mental Demands (Essential Functions): Ability to access and observe all areas of the property. Required to climb ladders, enter restricted areas and potentially hazardous situations, and work in inclement weather conditions. Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress. Standing for most of the shift. Ability to communicate with co-workers and manage conflict.
Physical/Mental Demands (Non Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, lifting, with ability to move products with and without motorized equipment . Emergency response may be required on 24-hour basis
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.