Safety and Training Manager
Become a part of our First Transit team as a Safety and Training Manager and oversee an operation's safety/training program. The Safety and Training ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Safety Manager major responsibilities:
- Conduct or supervise interviewing, selection, and recruitment of adequate number of operator applicants to effectively provide safe, efficient, service.
- Manage driver training and may conduct driver training, recommend retraining and discipline as required.
- Conduct or assist General Manager with safety training and meetings. Review accident reports to reduce number and severity of accidents, maintain complete safety files (example is accident report, I-9, bus reports, worker compensation injury reports).
- Maintain or coordinate complete personnel record keeping. Maintain substance abuse file.
- Coordinate compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and work closely with General Manager or Designee to accomplish company objectives.
- Must be able to obtain required license for the all vehicles at the Project location, maintain that license, and at times drive a route.
- Must be able to pass all requirements to be qualified as a Vehicle Operator would at the location.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
Safety Manager requirements:
- 7-10 years of passenger transportation experience as a safety manager with fixed and ADA paratransit experience
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written
- Work extended hours on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Manage personnel effectively.
- Oversee and monitor all safety issues.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Travel as needed to conduct company business.
- Work environments include office, transit facility, field work, maintenance facility and transit vehicles.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.