Expected Weekly Hours:16
Position Purpose:An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for Security Officers who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence.
Job Description Details:
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: High School graduate or GED.
- Certification: OPOTC or OPOTA Certification preferred.
- Certification: Certification in OPOTA Private Security Firearms training (within 30 days of hire; may be extended under limited circumstances with supervisor approval).
- Successful completion and maintainence of all required education, training and competencies related to firearms as desingated by Diley Ridge Medical Center.
- Certification/License: Possess or obtain an Ohio Carry and Conceal Permit (must apply within 30 days of obtaining an OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification).
- Certification: Ohio Class "C" Underground Storage Tank Operator (within 90 days of Hire).
- Experience: Minimum (3) years experience in security, law enforcement or military disciplines where firearms were carried or equivalent training which might include criminal justice, homeland security, military schools or law enforcement academy is preferred.
- Effective communication skills; ability to interact professionally.
- Must be able to meet the physical and mental elements of the job description.
- Customer service oriented; able to function in high stress situations with personal restraint and control.
- Basic computer skills.
- Safety & Security Supervisor
- Service Excellence:
- Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Acts as a liaison with customers.
- Promptly answers telephone, acknowledges, greets and assists any customer entering the facility.
- Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of patients, visitors and other staff members, in the spirit of quality & excellence.
- Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families, providing updates and initiating service recovery on identified issues.
- Center Operations:
- Maintains a safe & secure environment through job knowledge, skills & engagement.
- Intervenes as appropriate in any safety & security observed issues.
- Enforces all governmental regulations, standards, & policies associated with healthcare safety & security (i.e. smoking policy).
- Ensures center goals & objectives are reached / maintained during shift.
- Conducts follow-up investigations, if warranted or directed, ensuring documentation of investigative steps.
- Visible & proactive in patrolling and alternating routes on the campus and within the center.
- Responds to STAT calls expeditiously & safely.
- Provides escorts for staff, patients & visitors within the center’s campus.
- Enforce center parking policies.
- Provide helipad duty during landings & departures.
- Ensures integrity of patient personal property.
- Monitors cameras and access control.
- Keeps emergency entrance and approaches clear of non-emergency vehicle traffic.
- Responds to safety incidents / visitor injuries as appropriate, ensuring medical assistance is summoned.
- Provides security for VIP’s.
- Communicates safety & security discrepancies to the appropriate party for mitigation.
- Communicates pertinent information to appropriate members of the center in a timely manner.
- Provides information to Physician offices, as necessary.
- Assists the clinical staff with answering incoming & placement of outgoing phone calls.
- Maintains relationships with the management company, contracted service representatives, & residents of the Medical Park campus. Uses proper radio and / or pager procedures and monitors on-going activity appropriately. Immediately reports & responds to salient events, keeps Administration informed.
- Regulatory Compliance & Emergency Response:
- Responsible for assuring that the Safety, Life Safety, Security and Emergency Management standards.
- In conjunction with Administrator, develops, monitors & reports quality indicators for the Environment of Care Standards.
- Responsible for timely completion of safety drills & safety tours, providing staff education on discrepancies.
- Knowledgeable of center Emergency codes and responds appropriately to each code.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, decision skills, and prioritizing responses to emergency situations.
- Inspects safety equipment, as assigned. During emergency events, provides crowd control & media direction to staging area.
- Knowledgeable regarding geographic location & facility layout.
- Is alert and vigilant in safeguarding the weapon at all times.
- Maintains required competencies / proficiencies.
- Follows use of Force continuum.
- Adheres to proper clearing, storing, cleaning and maintenance of firearm.
- Uses critical analysis of events and sound legal judgment for any situation requiring use of firearm.
- Immediately notifies supervisor if for any reason while on duty the firearm is drawn and pointed and/or used.
- Documents any firearm use.
- Never surrenders firearm to an unauthorized person.
- Is responsible for having hearing and eye protection for firearm qualifications.
- Utilizes only organizational authorized firearms and ammunition.
- Follows all facility policies and procedures regarding firearms.
- Documentation & Reporting:
- Provides accurate and complete documentation in accordance with standards, policies, procedures and guidelines (i.e. security reports, safety incidents, activity logs).
- Computer Skills:
- Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to position effectively.
- Maintains data integrity.
- Appropriate use of the internet and intranet.
- Has knowledge of Micro-soft programs.
- Assumes responsibility to facilitate improvements in service, staff & physician relationships and the working climate.
- Utilizes appropriate problem solving techniques during interactions with all internal & external customers.
- Assumes responsibility for completing own education, attends in-services and departmental meetings.
- Assists in orientation of new staff.
- Accepts responsibility for being pro-active in cost effective utilization of supplies and resources.
- Ensures compliance with all center policies & procedures, including center dress code.
- Attends & participates in Community events, on behalf of the Center.
- Able to perform duties, in an independent manner.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Assists staff, patients & visitors to the center, with vehicle assistance as appropriate (i.e. jump start).
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center to fulfill its mission.
- Willing to accept additional responsibilities as assigned.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.