Now Hiring Safety Supervisor
At First Student, our Safety Supervisors are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Safety Supervisor is responsible for monitoring driver performance, investigates accidents, and administers compliance forms, reporting, and related activities.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Safety Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Monitors driver pre and post trip inspections and equipment issues (e.g., lights, clips, strobe, brakes) and takes corrective action.
- Performs driver road checks (e.g., bus stops-early/late arrivals; safety, speeding, railroad crossings); also observes drivers for work readiness (e.g., uniform, safety vest, appearance).
- Performs IPP Safety contacts with drivers; corrects safety violations on the scene.
- Investigates incidents/accidents, for example, identifies facts on-the-scene, and takes photos.
- Attends client conferences (e.g., parent meetings related to driver performance; periodic bus coordinator meetings on issues). Identifies facts, ensures calm discussions, and recommends corrective actions to Contract Manager.
- Completes various compliance activities, for example, motor vehicle records, background checks, non-compliance list, route signs on buses, GAP applications, accident reports, distributes driver paychecks; enters safety compliance data into DMO or other systems.
- Supervises daily loading/unloading at schools. Coordinates special events at the event location (e.g., driver parking, parent parking, loading/unloading).
- Dispatches as needed.
- Monitors on time performance.
- Assists management with driver interviews.
Safety Supervisor Experience and Skills Required:
- Prefer 1-2 year supervisory experience with hourly employees
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials, and general public
- Fluent in English
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.