The Sales and Account Manager will drive and achieve health plan enrollment / growth goals by managing business relationships for the Medicare and / or Medicaid product lines within an assigned territory and consistent with state and federal regulations for our Institutional Special Needs Plan programs.
If you are located in Fort Wayne, IN you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop new forums to educate eligible consumers about Optum Care Plus products
- Conduct presentations, sales activities and other informational events in accordance with current approved communication and marketing programs and state / federal regulations
- Participate in planning and implementation of outreach strategies and programs in conjunction with clinical and Provider Relations staff
- Travel throughout assigned territory to provide education about Optum Care Plus to promote enrollment
- Responsible for member enrollment and achieving a defined minimum number of monthly sales through solid execution of the following:
- Lead Generation and lead management
- Overcoming sales objections
- Facilitating completion of enrollment application
- Ensuring member enrollment completed
- Execute basic administrative duties as defined by the Sales Lead, including detailed management of appropriate reporting / database systems, funnel management, customer information, territory planning, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of plan benefit, program changes and industry insights
- Ensure compliance and quality of sales process components, adhering to all applicable state and federal regulatory requirements and Optum policies and procedures
- 2+ years sales experience
- Experience generating daily leads or applications or referrals that result and convert to sales
- Accountable for daily check ins on sales metrics
- Experience creating, facilitating and presenting to a variety of stakeholders in - person, conference calls, WebEx, etc.
- Ability to work some evenings / weekends
- Transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Computer skills: Windows - based applications and lead management software
- Ability to work as a telecommuter
- Ability to travel throughout the designated local territory
- State health insurance license; required within 60 days of hire
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years successful sales and marketing experience in healthcare or health insurance, preferably with seniors
- Ability to communicate complex healthcare information to potential clients
- Clinical experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: sales, account manage, nursing home, long term care, Medicare, medical sales, Fort Wayne IN, Indiana