- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience
- Must have, or be able to obtain within 90 days, a Health, Life Insurance or all appropriate state licenses
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong consultative selling and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and manage relationships to reach business goals
- Ability to be compassionate while selling
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Ability to travel throughout the designated local territory 90-100% of the time in the local service area
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, acceptable driver's record, and reliable, insured vehicle
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize the actions required to accomplish day to day goals and objectives through the use of appropriate technology
- Use of project management skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify, manages, and measures all high payoff activities in order to continually improve results
- Establish a course of action for self to accomplish specific goals, planning appropriate teamwork, use of resources, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills - engaging and effective at the dissemination of information and the ability to influence listeners
- Communication skills - Demonstrating high level writing (e.g. contracts, letters, and proposals) and verbal (good tonality) skills
- Lifting and loading collateral for sales presentations
- Make on the spot decisions when appropriate Good listener, predicting effects of own words and actions, considering the needs of others, flexible/can adjust personal style as required to be effective
- Computer skills - Using computers to access customer information, utilizing appropriate technology to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers
- Comfortable with Medicare eligible client base and possesses a solid understanding of senior issues
- 5+ years successful direct sales experience
- Possesses solid service and sales skills - used a consultative approach to close sales by knowing the Company's products/services and industry and the needs of the customers, using that knowledge to close business
- Successful sales and marketing experience in healthcare or health insurance, preferably with seniors
- Time and Territory Management experience
- Previous experience selling Medicare products
- Experience in a business environment with the Independent Broker/Agent community and/or a background in business development.
- Experience across other sales channels
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.