Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We offer opportunities to sell while greatly improving the life and health of others.
Be part of an elite team as a Sales Account Manager. This consultative sales role involves presenting a Medicare Advantage plan called the UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home Plan to nursing home residents, their families and/or legal representatives. This role will drive sales goals by managing business relationships for the Medicare Advantage Plan within an assigned territory and consistent with state and federal regulations for this Institutional Special Needs Plan programs.
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for educating eligible consumers and Institutions about the ISNP Product; generating enrollment leads; conversion of leads to support enrollment of Medicare eligible consumers into the ISNP Medicare Advantage plan.
If you are located within Portsmouth, New Hampshire area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work under the direction of the Sales Lead to drive and achieve sales goals by leading or advancing the sales cycle
- Contribute to the development of a viable sales plan for the assigned territory
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Optum CCM and the UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home Plan and maintain all current product certifications and appropriate licensure
- Serve as a liaison for the Health Plan in a designated territory via (group) or individual education opportunities
- Conduct presentations, sales activities and other informational events in accordance with current approved communication and marketing programs and state / federal regulations
- Travel throughout assigned territory to holding sales appointments with responsible parties (POA, HCP, etc)
- Responsible for member enrollment and achieving a defined minimum number of monthly sales through solid execution of the following:
- Lead Generation and lead management
- Overcoming sales objections
- Facilitating completion of enrollment application
- Ensuring member enrollment completed
- Execute basic administrative duties as defined by the Sales Lead, including detailed management of appropriate reporting / database systems, funnel management, customer information, territory planning, etc
- Maintain a working knowledge of plan benefit, program changes and industry insights
- Ensure compliance and quality of sales process components, adhering to all applicable state and federal regulatory requirements and Optum policies and procedures
- 3+ years sales experience, or 2+ years of SNF sales experience
- Experience creating, facilitating and presenting to a variety of stakeholders in-person, conference calls, WebEx, etc
- Ability to work some evenings / weekends
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Computer skills: Windows-based applications and lead management software
- Ability to work as a telecommuter
- Ability to travel throughout the designated local territory
- State health insurance license; required within 60 days of hire
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years successful sales and marketing experience in healthcare or health insurance, preferably with seniors
- New Hampshire State Health Insurance License
- Ability to communicate complex healthcare information to potential clients
- Ability to develop and manage complex relationships to reach business goals
- Ability to be compassionate while selling
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities including visiting nursing homes on a regular basis and following up on leads in a timely fashion
- Ability to track a schedule to keep appointments on time and information pertaining to those appointments in order
- Previous experience selling Medicare products
- Understanding of the nursing home environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.