Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
This role is within Optum Sales Agent Licensing and is key to enabling operational excellence through compliance, process management and accountability by measuring success. This role is responsible for program management of the Licensing Team.
- Duties relate to state regulated Health, Life, and similar lines Insurance Producer / Agent licensing, carrier appointment, and federal certifications as determined by program and site need.
- Providing quality review of key licensing activities.
- Sets operational priorities for the licensing team to ensure task completion.
- Monitors team activities to ensure compliance with established policies and business processes.
- Ensure Licensing Team is adhering to timely submission of materials to state agencies, carriers, and other entities in order to obtain licenses, appointments, certifications promptly and efficiently.
- Coordinate with the Licensing team to provide capacity and operational planning.
- Produce routine status reports to key stakeholders including Operations, Work Force Management, Licensing and others as requested.
- Ensure the Licensing Team process correspondence related to licensing timely and accurately.
- Maintain records, status, track activities, and perform other administrative requirements in licensing management systems.
- Maintain operational documentation for key business process and Licensing Team job aids.
- Drive business process improvement through analysis, recommendations, and implementation at direction of the Licensing Team leadership.
- Representative of the Licensing Team in technical development initiatives and escalated technical issue resolution.
- Ensure regulatory changes are implemented operationally and communicated to the Licensing Team.
- Associate Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma / GED with 3+ years of experience as a Licensed Health Insurance Agent
- Highly proficient computer, Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint, and data analysis experience
- Health insurance experience
- Understanding of government regulatory agencies and insurance licensing
- Excellent communication, time management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to produce within a fast paced, matrixed organization with minimal direction
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to execute and motivate others to execute
- Strong relationship skills and ability to influence and work well with internal stakeholders