Scholastic, Inc. is currently seeking a motivated Sales Assistant to support our Trade Division
Support Vice President of Trade Sales and Special Markets team with various administrative tasks and special projects
• Coordinate and book travel for business trips - flight arrangements, hotel accommodations, meeting agendas, and airport transportation for VP, Trade Sales and Senior Director, Trade Sales
• Complete monthly Travel and Expense Reports for VP, Trade Sales and Senior Director, Trade Sales
• Coordinate and plan, in conjunction with VP, Trade sales and others, three national sale conferences including; organize weekly sales conference meeting, create conference agenda, maintain conference attendee list, create and distribute electronic files for meeting as well as any other materials needs, arrange conference set up and book conference rooms, order food, arrange events, maintain budget, organize hotel details, order cars, record and distribute notes.
• Assist VP, Trade Sales with sales rep incentive program
• Bookscan Reporting
• Sales packet for Department Head meeting Bestseller Report - weekly collection and distribution of report package
• Catalyst: Approve all invoices in catalyst
• Laydown Mailing: Responsible for laydown letter, contract, supplement and ebook contracts
• Update all terms of sale annually
• Maintain new rep set up and account coding in Oracle
• Manage Backlist stock offer process
• Assist on weekly mailing, reorganizing supply room
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Proficient computer skills in Word and Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to staff members at all levels.
• Multi-task oriented.
• Professional demeanor, attire; professional phone skills.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
• Self-motivated, disciplined, commitment to quality and strong team player.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.