SALES ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION (NON-EXEMPT)
The Sales Associate, along with other members of the World Market Team, is responsible for a variety of duties including providing exceptional customer service, cashiering, merchandising, stocking merchandise, and maintaining visual standards established by management.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SALES ASSOCIATE INCLUDE:
- Assisting customers utilizing World Market service standards as well as representing World Market brand.
- Stocking merchandise according to visual standards, schematics, visual direction, pricing standards, productivity and safety standards.
- Cashiering according to customer service guidelines and register procedures.
- Maintaining the stockroom and sales floor organization and standards.
- Adhering to all Company loss prevention policy and procedures, and distressed merchandise procedures.
- General housekeeping as directed by management.
- Physically unload trucks as needed.
As a job position, ‘with badge’ carries the responsibilities involved in holding a register POS scan badge. This person assumes responsibilities of register procedures and approvals as well as overseeing the store for short periods of time in the absence of the General Manager or Supervisors.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ‘WITH BADGE’ DESIGNATION INCLUDES:
- Answering Service 10 calls at the registers.
- Assisting cashiers in providing service to customers at the front-end.
- Approving refunds, discounts, and other customer requests as outlined in store Policies and Procedures.
- Assuming the front-end Manager role as designated by management. (This may include monitoring the daily Break Schedule, shopping cart retrieval, requesting additional cashiers, and service calls to ensure all customers are being assisted as needed.)
- Assuming complete store responsibility in short absences of the General Manager, Associate General Manager, or Supervisors.
- 1+ Years experience in retail preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication & time management skills.
- Ability to initiate a conversation.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.