Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Sales is responsible for managing a direct to consumer sales organization within Minnesota for our UnitedHealth Care Nursing Home Plan and Optum Care Model. The Director of Sales will be responsible for a team of Sales representatives in that market.
The Director of Sales is accountable for generating new membership (“gross adds”) consistent with the budget and the revenue assumptions by month (“member months”).
If you are located in Minneapolis, MN you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage the day to day activity of a market sales team
- Develop and executes an annual sales plan, and monitors results based on monthly performance
- Provide senior market leader with assistance, reports and other items as requested, and functions as a member of the market leadership team
- Oversee compliance with the Medicare Marketing Guidelines
- Manage the implementation and adherence with the CCM direct to consumer sales model
- Lead the market internal customer relationship management meeting (CRM Meeting) for the site, which includes developing and driving cross functional action plans, ensuring issues are resolved and documented, and same store account plans are in place
- Utilize the MAP process to establish, discuss and monitor direct report’s performance, create development plans, and implement corrective action measures as appropriate and described in Optum performance management guidelines
- Recruit, hire and assist with the training of sales personnel
- Provide day to day direction to SAMs, SIMs and assigned management personnel
- Manage CRM tool (bConnected) in accordance with departmental policies and metrics
- Oversee the implementation process consistent with the organization’s Implementation Process as outlined in salesforce.com. Ensure new SNF launch metrics are achieved
- Conduct weekly 1 / 1 with direct reports to facilitate and monitor performance
- Provide month end report to RVP of Sales and action plan for subsequent month
- Conduct face to face contact with SNF personnel to address concerns and present the Optum CCM value proposition
- Provide compliance oversight and ensure all assigned sales personnel abide by the Medicare Marketing Guidelines
- Serve as subject matter expert for market(s)
- Engages in on - going self - development planning that builds personal leadership skills, organizational knowledge and expands knowledge within the industry
- Seeks opportunities to network with colleagues, share experiences, willingness to provide direct support, solicit feedback and exchange ideas
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals, objectives and reviews with supervisor
- Practices UnitedHealth Groups Mission, Vision and Values
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field (education, journalism, communications, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of sales management experience
- Experience in (direct or indirect) in a healthcare setting
- Experience in Medicare, Medicaid Managed Care or Health Insurance
- Experience managing a salesforce utilizing a standard model, including the use of a CRM (salesforce.com, Siebel, or a similar product) to drive decisions
- Intermediate user level in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Lead management software knowledge and preview experience
- Presentation skills
- Sales Management Skills
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Use of technology to improve efficiency
- Able to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- Decision making / problem solving skills
- Territory planning and management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Technical knowledge of the healthcare industry, especially long term care Medicaid and Medicare
- Ability to work a variety of hours, early morning, evenings and weekends, as required by various sales activities
- Must have, or be able to obtain, appropriate state licensure within 90 days of hire date
- 5+ years direct to consumer sales management experience
- Budgeting expertise
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nursing home, Sales Manager, Sales Director, Medicare, direct to consumer sales, b to b sales, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute