- Provides customer/prospect with answers to technical questions & documentation
- Interfaces with marketing group regarding solution launch & programs
- Accompanies customers and prospects to G4S Technology facilities, trade shows, customer sites for presentations, updates or management meetings
- Conduct customer site surveys in order to develop the best solution to fit the application, including supporting the sales team with creating estimates and BOMs (bill of materials)
- Network and consult with manufacturers, A&Es and consultants
- Identify and develop new business opportunities. Establish a broad client and prospect base to promote all G4S Technology products and services.
- Work with Project Development and Project Office personnel to contact, qualify and pursue leads for new business opportunities.
- Work with proposal groups to provide direction and strategy for responding to client requests for proposals. Coordinate internal efforts to provide a cohesive team approach.
- Build long-term advisory relationships with multiple clients. Seek to influence clients to negotiate work versus bidding work.
- Generate necessary reports and complete administrative duties in a timely fashion.
- Keep informed on industry trends, products and training & certifications as required by the business.
- Provide technical support in sales presentations and Conduct technical/positioning presentations to customers & prospects
- Understands & analyzes customers/prospects needs according to their business requirements
- Assist the sales force with value added consultation services
- Acts as technical prime for responding/review to RFX’s
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The applicant should have an Engineering, Science or Business Administration Degree, with 3-5 years of security application engineering experience supporting business development/sales in network construction or equipment. An acceptable equivalency in collegiate education and applicable work experience will be considered for this position. The applicant should possess a working knowledge of spreadsheet applications such as Lotus or Excel, as well as being able to work with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint software. The applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction with other departments and field employees and outside calls are frequently fielded and must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. On occasion the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. There is low to moderate noise in this work environment.