buybuyBABY is seeking passionate, energized, customer service focused people who thrive on a fast pace, enjoy working in a team environment, and take pride in making every customer experience remarkable.
buybuyBABY offers: Flexible Hours that work around your busy life, Employee Discounts across all Bed Bath and Beyond brands, and a comprehensive training program that is a recipe for your success!
As a Sales Floor Supervisor you will oversee and direct the merchandising activities within a Specialty Department. You will work in conjunction with the Department team to ensure proper product presentation while driving sales results and delivering a high level of customer service and meeting productivity goals.
• Coordinates and supervises the daily activity to ensure executive of operational plan
• Independently implements resource and operational plans and collaborates with management to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
• Oversees and conducts new hire orientations for store associates to ensure they have knowledge of customer service policies and standards
• Oversees and tracks the training sessions in customer service activities, processes and procedures for all store associates
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of merchandise category, customer needs, and/or operational procedures; provides coaching and training to associates on team and throughout the store as needed
• Interviews all prospective candidates and trains and develops the associates within their department
• Manages associate’s performance, annual review and progression within job catalog
• Provides direction to ensure the maintenance of the stockroom is clean, safe and in accordance with company directives
• Responsible for authorizing transactions and turning keys when necessary
• Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
• Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments
• Directs the receiving and unloading of store merchandise from third party vendors
• Directs stocking of merchandise on applicable store fixtures following established stocking standards and stocking plans
• Manages the MDP/ADP execution as well as the follow up of the completion of these processes
• Manages the daily replenishment and put away processes to ensure timing and accurate execution
• Executes activities related to store initiatives (for example, efficiency procedures, safety procedures)
• Assigns tasks and monitor schedule/breaks for the associates within their department
• Assists associates to provide increased service to customers in response to specific needs and requests
• Troubleshoots and provides solutions for customer complaints, escalating to management when necessary
• Performs additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes, cart retrieval, break room and restroom housekeeping
• Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and the store’s business plan; receives guidance and oversight from store management
• Demonstrates commitment to the organization by maintaining regular, on site attendance, is reliable and follows through with responsibilities
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5-6 years of retail experience desired, including team lead experience in operational or customer-facing roles
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.