The Sales Operations Business Analyst is a member of the Sales Operations Team responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of sales data, clinical data; maximizing rebates / incentives in contracts, validating the information in the databases for outcomes management and performing outcomes research across the entire business unit. This position is also responsible for supporting managed care client data, reporting, performance guarantee requirements and other departmental activities.
- Conduct regular and ad - hoc analyses and data mining on Customer and Transactional data to provide actionable insights at tactical and strategic levels primarily to the sales team but also to other stakeholders within the company
- Analyze data to maximize rebate and/or performance incentives in manufacturer contracts
- Determine ROI on contracts
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to measure the performance of Sales and Marketing programs
- Act as a liaison between the Sales and Operations team with a strong understanding of business needs, proactive analytical approaches and ability to present actionable insights to management
- Support technology tools, including, but not limited to, Salesforce and Smartview, that support the sales team
- Design and use audit tools to monitor the accuracy of data
- Support external customer needs in data analysis and reporting activities, including drug availability validation and price analysis from available sources (i.e., Amerisource Bergen, EPS, Redbook, RJ Health as directed).
- Work in conjunction with IT, Operations and Clinical teams to provide or collect information necessary to complete an assigned task
- Understand and adapt to EPS’s ongoing product and services developments
- Validate data for outcomes management program
- Prepare utilization analyses
- Prepare patient demographic reports
- Analyze retrospective claim data to ensure appropriate contract pricing / margin by payer
- Analyze specific drug or therapeutic categories to determine go - forward strategies
- Perform prospective analysis of claims data as part of RFP process and pricing proposals
- Monitor performance guarantees on manufacturer contracts
- Collect and analyze data for special clinical research projects
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree related to position (Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Mining, Business Intelligence, or related field)
- 1+ year(s) of relevant and proven experience in business intelligence, business analytics, data mining, advanced profiling or relevant internship or project experience
- 1+ year(s) using MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint)
- 2+ years of experience using database applications, spreadsheet design and report writing (Excel)
- Excellent project management and consultative skills
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks
- Experience working in a sales and / or retail environment
- Experience with SalesForce CRM maintenance and development
- Basic understanding of pharmacy claims processing workflow, pharmacy management system, switching service and Pharmacy Benefit Manager processes
At UnitedHealth Group, you'll work with an elite team that has the creativity and passion to stay ahead of constant change. This is a challenging role that creates an opportunity to grow and develop while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sales Operations Business Analyst, Phoenix, Arizona, NV