Let's face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. we're out to use data and technology to help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Project Manager, You'll be engaged in a complex, business model that is highly adaptable, allowing you to quickly and effectively address emerging needs. Ready? Apply today and find out what it is like to have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 company.
The most challenging part of this role? Effectively working with multiple project teams and stakeholders. Our teams require flexibility utilizing various methodologies and tools. You'll need to drive collaboration in a cross-matrix environment leveraging your ability to build relationships and keep on track with the project scope and timeline.
- Lead initiatives that cross business teams and operating groups to coordinate projects, define performance and drive results
- Investigate and solve for non-standard requests and problems
- Establish, develop and maintain effective relationships with applicable project stakeholders (e.g., project team members, team leads, internal customers, functional SMEs, business partners, leadership)
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within scope
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects across various functional areas.
- Typically, employees in this function are working towards or have achieved certification in project management.
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques.
- Develop, communicate and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies
- Makes presentations to management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results.
- May manage vendor and service providers to define project scope and performance expectations.
- Incumbents maybe part of a project management office (PMO) in their business.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience in leading and managing change and organizational culture
- Strong leadership skills with ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- PMP Certification (project management)
- Experience in call center and/or field marketing operations
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.