Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Sales Solutions Executive is responsible, along with other account handlers, for assigned clients.
- Prospect and build new business within an assigned territory; acquire new clients successfully and negotiate to expand memberships for existing clients
- Build relationships by meeting with senior executives (CEO, CFO, CMO, etc.) to discuss their strategic and operational challenges, present best practice solutions and effectively sell the vision of The Advisory Board’s memberships
- Conduct consultative one on one onsite presentations to educate prospective members on our services
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals through management of a sales pipeline with pursuits in various stages of the evaluation process
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors
- Provide insights from marketing visits to inform future research initiatives and new product development inquiries
- Manage team member to goals, provide formal feedback, and guidance on professional development
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of post undergrad experience in at least two of the following:
- Presentation experience - client presentations, facilitating discussions
- Experience in Sales, Account Management, and/or the equivalent
- Teaching experience - breaking down complex or abstract ideas into simpler concepts
- Client Management experience
- 3+ years of commercial experience - track record of successful sales/ownership over a personal revenue target
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 70%
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: business development, sales, pharm, biotech, healthcare, Washington, DC, D.C.