We are currently in search of Part Time Seasonal Book Fair Support Representatives to help our schools in the setup of their fairs. These part time seasonal positions offer flexible schedules during the school year, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and summers and holidays off.
Qualified candidates will be able to provide customer services that drive revenue and overall customer satisfaction in assigned markets and schools through effective execution of the sales and servicing methods of the Company. Develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer our customers the best guidance on conducting their events. Ensure that fair product is organized, displayed and merchandised according to schematic and restocked as necessary. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
- Collaborate with Fair Consultant and Book Fair Field Rep (if applicable) to develop and introduce revenue driving service tasks for upcoming book fairs and execute tasks on time within shared territory to assigned Book Fairs.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled planning meetings with above to insure timely execution of needed tasks.
Coordinate directly with Book Fair Chairs to schedule efficient timing of required tasks.
- Be well versed in all Scholastic Book Fair (SBF) Programs and processes to support Book Fairs during various activity time segments (Pre-fair, During the Fair, Post-Fair).
- Represent the face of Scholastic in all interactions with schools personnel, parents and students.
- Continually develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer each customer the best guidance on conducting improving book fairs.
- Support the SBF mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful experience in merchandising, retail or district/ territory sales, event management, personal selling, or customer service.
- Proficiency with MS Office software. (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must possess a personal desktop or laptop computer to document work activities.
- Must possess a personal smart phone to access company sponsored mobile applications on order to document and communicate activities while in the field.
- Must possess an innovative spirit while understanding the constraints of working within corporate productivity.
- Must possess a strong problem solving acumen.
- Must be quick thinking and possess the ability to act.
- Must be able to build rapport and develop trust with SBF customers.
- Knowledge of children's literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
- Ability to execute a vision, manage multiple priorities, and achieve results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated customer orientation.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills - with peers, superiors and customers.
- Proficient in marketing and merchandising strategy and execution.
- Strong ability to work without direct supervision.
- Professional business attire and appearance.
- Current and valid driver's license with good driving record required.
- Overnight travel as necessary.
- Evening hours as needed.
- Ability to routinely lift/carry up to 25 lbs, and push/pull wheeled bookcases weighing up to 300 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Strong written and oral communication skills.