As a result of the company’s significant growth, both domestically and internationally, our Tax Department is seeking a Sales Tax Accountant. This individual will become an integral member of our Union N.J. based Corporate tax team, reporting to the Manager - Sales Tax.
This role will be primarily responsible for the preparation and filing of sales tax returns (utilizing Vertex) of Bed Bath and certain other subsidiary state and local sales/use tax returns. The role will periodically assist in resolving any sales tax issues that arise as a result of business operations as well as assist with special projects to ensure proper compliance in a variety of areas such as fixed assets, expenses, sales, advertising, etc.
• Assures timely and accurate filing of sales tax returns for Bed Bath, designated US subsidiaries and Canada.
• Responsible for filing various miscellaneous tax returns and informational returns.
• Maintain supporting accounts and records, including interaction with corporate accounting to ensure proper reporting of tax information.
• May assist in researching sales tax issues regarding; audits, compliance, and new business initiatives.
• May participate in tax planning and may assist with special studies to determine tax implications of company operations.
- Bachelor degree is preferred along with least one to three years of Sales and Use tax experience.
- Experience performing tax preparation, tax filing, tax compliance, tax review and tax research.
- Knowledge of Vertex preferred.
- Knowledge and application of theories and principles of tax law and accounting.
- Requires analytical, organization, project management, communication and people management skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Dedication, passion, attentive to detail and ability to effectively multi-task operations/projects with deadlines.
- Strong computer including expertise in Excel (including vlookup and pivot tables a plus).
- We offer exceptional opportunities for growth, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.