The Sample House Coordinator provides support for Merchandising, Advertising, and the Visual Merchandising Departments in the organized maintenance of the Sample House, the processing of incoming and outgoing merchandise samples, and the coordination of samples, fixtures, and furniture in support of merchandising initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare incoming sample merchandise for buyers by receiving, unpacking, assembling, and cataloguing.
- Maintain quality control, security, and assist in shrinkage control of samples.
- Work with Merchandising in the preparation of Bid and Sample Sales for the office.
- Receiving, assembly, and storing of samples, particularly large furniture samples.
- Development and adherence to Sample House guidelines and calendar that can be communicated to all Merchandising, Advertising, and Visual Merchandising customers.
- Maintenance of Sample House in accordance with appropriate safety and cleanliness standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Email, MS Word, and MS Excel experience highly desirable.
- Basic math skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Retail experience preferred.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Lifting and/or transporting merchandise up to 75 lbs. (~ 15 hrs./week)
- Computer/PC/Fax/Copy machine work. (~10 hrs./week)
- Bending, stooping; climbing, reaching (both with or without the aid of a ladder). (~15 hrs./week)
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.