Work is Sweet!
'Quality without Compromise' is not just a motto at See's Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. See's Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
See's is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The Sanitation Department Supervisor has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
This position supervises the Sanitation staff and ensures all Safety and Food Safety procedures are observed and followed by Sanitation Associates. Assists Sanitation Manager to ensure equipment is correctly cleaned and sanitized. Ensures Associates are scheduled according to the needs at each location. May require working night shifts during peak seasons.
1. Assists in the supervision of Sanitation staff, including training and development of Forepersons and performance management in compliance with Union contract.
2. Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Master Sanitation Schedule to ensure all equipment in the plant is cleaned and sanitized as required. Assists Sanitation Manager with scheduling of labor.
3. Monitors general Sanitation operations to ensure work is done according to existing SOP and Procedures.
4. Assists in updating and generating Policies and Procedures. Assists in keeping records of all related Sanitation activities including, but not limited to, training, inspections, MSS completion and internal audits.
5. Participates, implements and provides leadership of the See’s Safety and Food Safety programs.
6. Maintains communication within Packing, Shipping, Rollins and other departments to ensure a good service level and that all departments work as a team to achieve objectives.
7. Completes special projects as assigned by the department management staff.
1.Strong people management, communication, motivational, and customer service skills.
2.Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in Cantonese required.
3.Two to five years supervisory experience with a diverse employee population. Food manufacturing experience preferred.
4.Strong mathematical proficiency; excellent PC skills. Familiarity with Safety and Food Safety programs.
5.This is an evening shift with regular hours from 3:30pm to 12:30am. During the peak holiday season, the shift is 9PM to 6AM.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
See's is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).