Positions in this function include those responsible for conducting SAS programming and analytics that support research and reporting projects. They collect, clean, manipulate, interpret, and organize data into reports in support of research and reporting efforts.
- Works in collaboration with other team members, or independently, to produce desired products; most products will support a robust reporting effort, but may occasionally include statistical analyses
- Coaches other team members on programming and analytics as appropriate
- Helps to develop innovative approaches that improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting and analytic products
- Occasionally interacts with clients to understand their needs, or when sharing results
- 3+ years of programming experience using SAS, including: Data Warehouse / Data Marts experience, SAS 9.4 or higher, SAS Macros, Fluent in SAS EG and other SAS tools
- 3+years of SYSPARM experience
- 3+ years SQL experience
- 3+ years UNIX experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio)
2+ years utilizing healthcare informatics, such as Medical, Pharmaceutical, Symmetry Grouper experience
Experience with TWS or Autosys as a scheduling tool
Use of Oracle, Db2 and Teradata warehouse
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SAS, SQL, UNIX, TWS, Oracle, Healthcare