Great account management is result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The primary duty of the Renewal Account Executive is to retain existing agent and broker groups through exceptional service in order to promote health care sales and market UnitedHealth Care products. The Renewal Account Executive focuses on the small business market segment, those customers employing up to 99 employees.
- Develops business relationships with agents and/or brokers in order to renew existing accounts
- Independently decides which brokers to focus on and which products to recommend
- Promotes sales of health care products to small business (2 to 99 employees) customers, through brokers: This includes:
- Educating and keeping brokers up to date on UnitedHealth Care products and pricing
- Evaluating and discussing with brokers how UnitedHealth Care products meet the needs of the brokers' customers
- Independently developing and delivering recommendations to brokers on which products to market against competing products
- Assisting brokers in developing sales proposals, including anticipating competing products and distinguishing United Healthcare's products from those competing products
- Attains regional and health plan goals related to specific targeted health care products
- Produces agent/broker sales that result in profitable premium levels for the company
- Bachelors degree or 4 years equivalent experience in healthcare sales/account management field
- 3+ years of account management/sales experience
- 3+ years business proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- 3+ years experience preparing and presenting materials to clients
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- 3+ years experience with data analysis
- 3+ years experience working in partnership with underwriting and finance
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Insurance, Business Development, Account Management, Sales, Benefits, Duluth, MN, Minnesota