At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo SBA (Small Business Administration) Lending is in search of a Business Development Officer 2 in the Southern California Market.
SBA Lending is part of the Business Banking Group within Wholesale Banking. As a whole, SBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of a $10B+ portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans.
The Business Development Officer 2 is responsible for developing and managing national SBA programs in the Southern California Market.
- Develops strategies to originate SBA loans in the marketplace
- Calls on and develops a referral network with commercial real estate brokers, business brokers, business/professional associations, accountants, lawyers, etc. to solicit SBA loan opportunities
- Presents the company's loan capabilities
- Structures SBA loan proposals, completes initial underwriting and prepares credit package.
- Responsible for the success and growth of assigned sales territory
- Responsible for the sales life cycle, including lead generation and sourcing, loan policies and structure, product knowledge and financial analysis
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of financial services industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in Small Business Administration, selling business related financial services products, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of commercial lending experience
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting or evaluating commercial credit
- Knowledge and understanding of business banking: sales or credit
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Experience sourcing small business clientele
- Business development experience
- Small Business Administration (SBA) 7a and 504 Lending experience
- Established network in the local market
- Knowledge and understanding of Sales Force system
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
CA-Ontario: 4141 Inland Empire Blvd - Ontario, CA
CA-Escondido: 500 La Terraza Blvd - Escondido, CA
CA-San Diego: 4655 Executive Drive 10 Floor - San Diego, CA
CA-Irvine: 2030 Main St - Irvine, CA
CA-Orange: 500 N State College Blvd - Orange, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.