At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
SBA (Small Business Administration) Lending is part of the Business Banking Group within Wholesale Banking. As a whole, SBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of a $10B+ portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans.
Wells Fargo Small Business Administration (SBA) Lending division has an opportunity for a talented, highly motivated professional for the position of Regional Sales Manager to help us as we grow our Southern California market. Wells Fargo SBA Lending is a part of the Business Banking Team within Wholesale Banking.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Business Development Officers and SBA Bankers. These team members have primary marketing and business development responsibility for marketing SBA loan programs to a select number of targeted small businesses. Management of the highly leveraged sales team will include developing strategies to originate SBA loans with select businesses within assigned market.
A critical aspect of this job will be recruiting top quality, high performing sales professionals, as well as providing leadership to existing team members, in order to meet sales goals. The Regional Sales Manager will be an integral part of building revenues and profitability and will serve as a key player on the Wells Fargo SBA Lending sales management team. The position will also work closely with the credit and operations functions of WFSBA. The environment is exciting, collaborative, and requires a person of high energy.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of financial services industry experience
- 5+ years of sales experience, sales management experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of Small Business Administration experience, business banking experience, or a combination of both
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Small Business Administration (SBA) 7a and 504 Lending experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Sales pipeline management experience
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Ability to prepare sales reports for management
- Budget development and management skills
- Experience recruiting, motivating, and coaching a team of sales professionals
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.