We are seeking a Scala Big Data Engineer who will design and develop software applications and platform components in an agile development environment. The new hire will be responsible for the design, build & deploy performant and scalable solutions by applying engineering concepts like algorithms, data structures and development best practices. Primary Responsibilities:
- Work on big data platform and ecosystem, create complex data processing pipelines for data ingestion & data management
- Ensure high quality solutions by design and build unit tests, integration test, load test and user acceptance tests
- Partner with director of engineering, product managers, and stakeholders to clarify requirements and implement solutions that encompass analysis, programming, and how to integrate these solutions into the larger eco-system
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of professional work experience in an Information Technology Role
- 5+ years of experience with server-side development language such as Java, Scala, or Python
- 3+ years of experience working with databases and SQL (Oracle experience preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise technologies and principles, such as SOA, REST
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing scalable data applications using modern frameworks and distribution including Spark, Hortonworks
- Experience working in the healthcare domain
- Experience with large product integrations and performance enhancements
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data (multi-terabyte to petabyte range)
- Software design experience using architecture and design patterns
- Experience working with Linux container orchestration.
- Experience with managing large projects using Maven or SBT
- Experience with CI frameworks including Bamboo and Jenkins
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Scala Big Data Lead Engineer, Austin, TX, Texas