ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with internal and external project personnel throughout the project life cycle to evaluate cost and resource loaded baseline and weekly project schedules.
- Perform schedule reviews to evaluate the accuracy, efficiency, and adherence to baseline and progress schedules and report results via completion of preformatted checklists.
- Work closely with project personnel to confirm task timelines, validate the work breakdown structure, ensure proper logic relationships, and review scheduling requirements and key milestones.
- Implement task trending and variance analyses.
- Assist project personnel by performing schedule oversight and preparing periodic management and/or customer reports and presentations as required.
- Analyze schedules to ensure all required changes are reported; recommend schedule, work sequence, logic, and/or duration changes to streamline the project schedule.
- Assist project teams as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Project Management or equivalent experience preferred but not required. Demonstrated proficiency using Primavera P6. Experience in importing and exporting data in/out Primavera P6; resource and cost loading; critical path analysis; change control experience in working with multiple project schedule baselines; full life cycle implementation. Familiar with Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling with Earned Value Analysis (EVA).
Minimum of 3 years experience managing project scheduling for large complex system development projects. Experience with Microsoft Project required. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create effective management and status reports. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Effective organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and plan work. Experience with large scale fiber optic telecommunication projects a plus.
Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction with other departments and field employees and outside calls are frequently fielded and must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. On occasion the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly splits time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Some travel is required.