The Transit Scheduler is responsible for reviewing, revising, and producing final driver manifests created by scheduling software for next day door-to-door ADA transportation service. NOTE: This position does not require outbound or inbound calls with customers and is not involved in booking appointments or trips.
First Transit Offers:
- Paid Training
- $12.25 an hour
- Free RTD bus pass
- Advancement opportunities
- Use scheduling software (RouteMatch Scheduling Engine, RSE) to produce and distribute manifests for next day trips as contractually required, seven days a week.
- Critically analyze daily schedules in support of on-time performance, efficient routing, and productivity objectives.
- Monitor demand throughout the day and adjust run times and breaks as needed. Communicate run time adjustments to service providers in timely manner.
- Run appropriate reports throughout the day and at the end of the day to check for issues and make necessary corrections.
- Maintain/update customer profile information in system and assist in managing standing order trips.
- Provide timely feedback to supervisor/manager on issues and recommendations for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Familiarity with the Denver Metro area, cities and major streets.
- Excellent computer skills are necessary and ability to learn scheduling software.
- Must have one year of experience in customer service, or one year of dispatch or equivalent experience that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to learn and perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Schedulers off time may vary depending on work load so may require some overtime. Typical off time is 8:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Ability to: communicate effectively and understandably, both orally and in writing; take instructions or direction from members of the team; work in a fast pace environment; pay attention to detail; handle stress; manage multiple duties or assignments, sit or stand at workstation for extended periods of time.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, good problem solving and analytical skills necessary to gather and interpret data, have good organizational skills and be able to prioritize work.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.