The scheduler/billing and payroll specialist is responsible for maintaining the schedule within HealthManager5 (HM5) for all clients and caregivers. This includes ensuring that all shifts are covered at least 24 hours in advance. This person is responsible for tracking, changing and refilling all vacation requests, call-offs, request for changes by the client, etc. and ensuring HM5 has been updated. In addition, the person in this role is responsible for collecting all flowsheets by Monday at 5 p.m. for the prior week, confirming the accuracy in HM5, and using that information to produce the billing and payroll on a biweekly basis.
1. Compliance with ComForcare bonding criteria
2. Eighteen years of age or older, with U.S. citizenship and/or equivalent employment eligibility authorization
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, co-workers and all supervisors
4. High school diploma - Associate or Bachelor's degree strongly recommended
5. At least three years’ experience in administrative capacities, with experience relevant to scheduling, customer service and computer operation. Extensive experience in the home care field considered in lieu of other experience.
6. Ability to perform multiple tasks under strict deadlines
1. Maintain a consistent schedule for clients:
a. Handle emergency call offs.
b. Fill open shifts.
c. Accommodate client/family requests.
d. Accommodate caregiver schedules.
e. Have all open shifts for the following day staffed by the end of each day.
f. Update caregivers with new client information.
2. Brief caregivers on cases - use of briefing form is mandatory.
3. Ensure caregivers have completed client specific training for all new cases.
4. Utilize Front Loaded High Touch checklist with each new client.
5. Answer phones with a friendly attitude, check email and phone messages on a routine basis.
6. Manage intake calls:
a. Take incoming intake calls.
b. Mail/email callers additional information.
c. Manage intake calls in HM5 utilizing Intake Manager.
d. Perform follow up calls.
e. Set up sofa visit or nurse assessment
7. Manage overtime - limit overtime to emergency situations, keeping caregivers to a 40-hour work week.
8. On-Call duties as assigned
9. Manage HM5:
a. Maintain schedule.
b. Enter notes in HM5 regarding updates on clients and caregivers, document all
phone calls and visits.
c. Enter new client information.
10. Perform quality assurance calls to clients, caregivers and family members as outlined
below. Document all calls in HM5.
a. One day after new case
b. One week after new case
c. Monthly thereafter
11. Create and maintain client files.
12. Collect and verify flowsheets for billing and payroll on a weekly basis.
13. Run billing and payroll biweekly for approval by owner.
14. Manage submissions to long-term care insurance providers, including all invoices,
flowsheets and other required documentation.
15. File flowsheets biweekly in client files.
16. Schedule supervisory visits; utilize HM5 to determine when visits need to occur.
17. Assist designated staff with unemployment and workers’ compensation claims.
18. Other duties as assigned
ComForCare Home Care is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment .
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.