School Based Therapist
Primary Location: OH-OHCincinnati-HR/OH Cincinnati (Hamilton)
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Ohio MENTOR is growing! We seek a School Based Therapist within the Cincinnati area. If you have a Masters in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling - and are licensed in Ohio, we want to talk to you!
You Want to Change the World? So do we. The difference is our teams do it every day. We are Ohio MENTOR, one of the largest providers of treatment foster care and evidence-based behavioral health services in Ohio. We are looking for more unique individuals that have the talent and energy to change the world one family and child at a time. If you have at least a master’s degree in social work or similar field, have a professional license, are self-driven, have some experience working in a school system, and understand that your interactions with children and families provide the path for a better future, we would like to talk with you. As a School-Based Therapist with Ohio Mentor you’ll be one of those unique and talented people.
Ohio Mentor is seeking a School-Based Therapist (LSW/LISW/LPC/LPCC) to provide CPST services as well as individual, group, and family psychotherapy to children and their families to aid in problems of school and social functioning with the goal of increasing an individual’s sense of their own well-being. Therapists employ a range of techniques based on experiential relationship building, dialogue, communication and behavior change that is designed to improve the mental health of a client or patient, or to improve group relationships.
· Master’s degree in social work or related field for Level II and above therapists.
· LSW, LISW, LPC or LPCC required.
· Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly with young people.
· Experience in Trauma Informed Care helpful
· Valid driver’s license in good standing.
· Since Therapists often provide transportation to individuals, owning a registered and insured vehicle is required.
· Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks