DescriptionThe Staff Mail Operations Pharmacist registered Pharmacist who is responsible for the accurate and timely dispensing of prescribed medication to patients. The Staff Mail Operations Pharmacist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Staff Mail Operations Pharmacist ensures adherence to quality assurance standards, accurate tracking techniques and a review process prior to shipping medications to patients. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
As a member of the Screening Pharmacist Verification team, you will:
- Review prescriptions for accuracy
- Check for drug-drug interactions
- Assess drug-allergy concerns
- Evaluate appropriateness of dosage, directions and therapy
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 10am-6:30pm Arizona Time, Every 10th Saturday Rotation
- Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy
- Licensed as a PHARMACIST in Arizona
- Reside in the state of Arizona
- Ability to participate in Federal prescription programs
- Self-directed, but also able to work well in a group
- Ability to solve problems and encourage others in collaborative problem solving
- Work ethic that is focused, accurate, and highly productive
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with computers
- Associates working in the state of Arizona must comply with the Tobacco Free Hiring Policy (See details below under Additional Information) and upon offer will be subjected to nicotine testing as part of a 10 panel drug test
- 3+ years' experience in a high volume community or mail order pharmacy practice environment
- The following policy applies ONLY to associates working in the state of Arizona:
- Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and wellbeing of its associates. Effective 7/1/2011, Humana has adopted a tobacco free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40