Position is predominantly involved in developing business solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications. Candidate will be a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. Primary Responsibilities:
- Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Implements coding practices consistent with defined conventions.
- Develops and executes comprehensive test plans for system implementations.
- Provides valuable insights in development code reviews.
- Performs unit and comprehensive testing for overall quality assurance of functional and technical quality of deliverables.
- Defines and updates system tables as needed.
- Tracks the project status and communicates status to scrum team as appropriate.
- Maintains project issues log to track ongoing items for review and resolution by project team.
- Actively participates in all sprint meetings (Planning, Grooming, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review and Retrospectives).
- Alerts scrum team about out-of-scope work in a timely manner.
- Works with scrum team to identify project deliverables and meets established deadlines.
- Assists in developing standardized work processes, tools, and methodologies that improve quality and profitability.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Providing accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- HealthCare knowledge highly desired
- Reviews the work of others
- Serves as a leader / mentor
- 5+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- 3+ years of DataStage (v8.7 or higher) development experience with designing data structures, building functions, indexes, triggers, large volume extracts, and performance tuning.
- 1+ years of development experience with webservices called from Data Stage.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work well with other teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Medicare or Medicaid experience.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science
- Healthcare experience and exposure to EDI and HIPAA transactions.
- Knowledge of Facets 4.71 (or higher) or development experience on a claims adjudication platform.
- Experience working in a virtual team environment.
- Experience with Source Control systems (like SVN), Testing tools (like ALM)
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: edi, datastage, webservices, SDLC, cycle, software, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota