- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Communicate status and issues to stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Ensure that our ways of working are consistent across the teams.
- Act as a liaison to assigned project manager.
- Take responsibility for managing dependencies between our team and third parties, release managers, or between our team and other scrum teams.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Influence without authority
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in the Scrum Master role
- 5+ years of IT development experience
- Understanding of SAFe framework
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, productivity and task definition
- Expertise across the entire SDLC
- Kanban experience
- Experience as a Scrum Master working on large scale, multiple Scrum team projects
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Story Estimation
- Performance tuning, System Scalability knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Scrum Master, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota