In this role as Scrum Master, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of strategic business products. You have a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with Agile Methods, especially Scrum. In this role, you will be responsible for the coaching of their teams on scrum practices to ensure benefit from and adherence to core agile principles is achieved Primary Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for Sprint planning, managing product backlog, holding daily scrum meetings, removing impediments and mentoring scrum team members.
- Responsible to have all the required artifacts created to comply with the quality assurance audit process.
- Act as a buffer between the software development teams and any distracting influences
- Ensure that the Scrum process is used as intended and continually improved
- Enforce the rules of Scrum, facilitate key meetings, and challenge the teams to innovate
- Help the team with the planning of the Sprints, prioritization of the sprint backlog, coordinate the development process, identify and eliminate obstacles that prevent the team from achieving their goals, prepare burndown charts, and ensure crystal clear communication among everyone involved in the project.
- In addition to acting in the role of Scrum Master, the position requires close collaboration with enterprise Agile Coaches to ensure compliance with the Scrum implementation approach adopted by UnitedHealthOne.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Demonstrated solid understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Experience with leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Working knowledge of CA Agile Central (aka) Rally
- Bachelor's degree (or greater) in Computer Science or related field
- Scrum Master, CSPO or other Scrum certifications.
- Background in Kanban and other Agile processes
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Healthcare Industry experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: scrum, master, agile, IT, project, manager, developer, engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona