About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.Position SummaryA Seafood Lead's first responsibility is to provide leadership, motivation, and enthusiasm in the Seafood Department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering all fresh and frozen products and supplies, and stimulating the growth of the Seafood Department by being accountable for the operating performance of the department. The Seafood Lead's additional responsibilities include developing the department as a store of choice for seafood products, knowledge, expertise, and meal suggestions while working toward goals to satisfy the customer. Provide superior customer service through prompt, professional and friendly service.Job Responsibilities
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a Passion for Food.
- Identify and understand customer requirements while maintaining Product Mix, Case Merchandising, Signage, Convenience Items, Cross Merchandising, Demos, Seafood Events.
- Must be able to initiate customer interaction by establishing common ground with intended customer.
Customer interaction by making customer comfortable regarding preparation, cooking, and safe handling of seafood items. Answer questions and make suggestions to customer regarding various seafood items, cooking methods, and customer's experience.
- Conduct in-store sampling and instructional cooking events to teach customers the preparation of fresh seafood.
Order seafood products and supplies to meet customer requirements.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments effective to maximize customer service and drive sales.
Exercise authority to adjust retails when applicable to drive sales/profits and assist in sound business decisions.
- Prepare/maintain/track records of inventories and work processes to calculate gross profit.
Control department costs by monitoring/improving work processes to increase profitability.
- Maintain safe/clean environment and ensure all local/state government laws are met.
Be responsible for monitoring and delivering Giant Eagle's high standards for quality.
Develop/implement monthly and seasonal merchandising plans and techniques to create excitement and drive sales/profits.
Direct, recruit, interview and train department Team Members so as to retain, and promote efficiencies. Control labor costs.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving work processes in the operations to increase profitability.
- Include information on CSI/ESI.
Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that store meets out-of-stock percentage goal.
Promote the continuous development of Team Members and identify candidates for Management Development Process.
Ability to understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Maintain the principles of HACCP.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years
- Prior Experience in the seafood field
- Culinary Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Knowledge of Market District operational procedures
- Ability to read and interpret Profit and Loss statement
- Culinary degree helpful
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Adding Machine
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Power Washer
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Fax Machine
- Auto Wrapper
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Heat Seal Gun
- Label Gun
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Scale Labeler
- Seafood Tumbler
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor