The Ticketing Agent is responsible for ensuring all daily functions are completed at the Ticket Counter. Duties include but not limited to: ensuring accurate batching of train tickets, confirming reservations, answering phones, issuing and explaining train tickets to passengers while providing exceptional level of guest service.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Daily batching; printing tickets, verifying special requests, processing collection required reservations.
- Answering phones and taking phone reservations.
- Provide information and offer additional services to guests to enhance their stay.
- Greets walk-up guests and make new reservations.
- Effectively handles stressful situations in a public setting and resolve guest related problems in a professional manner.
- Follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all prescribed Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and corporate commitments to maintain ISO 14001 goals and guidelines; reduce, reuse and recycle program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of windows based software programs MS Office, and other Window’s based systems.
- Two years customer service experience in a hospitality industry.
- Bi-lingual (English/other) language skills a plus.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions)
- Organizational skills (maintain flexibility in carrying out daily job duties)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- May be required to complete training or certifications related to the job. (CPR/First Aid, Cash Handling Class, etc.).
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, handling and lifting/carrying items up to 20bs.
- Frequently walking, reaching outward, squatting/kneeling, bending and pushing/pulling items up to 25lbs.
- Occasionally sitting, reaching above shoulder, climbing, crawling, lifting/carrying items weighing up to 100lbs and pushing/pulling items weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces and onboard moving train.