BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
SEC REPORTING MANAGER
The SEC Reporting Manager is primarily responsible for determining what reporting is needed for our external filings. That includes meeting with other departments to determine how to get the information, as well as creating request lists and distributing them to the applicable individuals. The position will also be responsible for technical account research.
Position is responsible for determining what reporting is needed for our external filings. That includes meeting with other departments to determine how to get the information, as well as creating request lists and distributing them to the applicable individuals.
- Prepare overviews of new or complex accounting issues, including preparing memos on BJ's accounting compliance.
- Prepare and review drafts of SEC financial statement filings to help ensure accuracy and timely filings.
- Maintain an accounting policy manual for the Financial Reporting Department.
- Design and execute controls over Financial Reporting.
- Contribute to the Company's implementation of the new leasing standard.
- Help implement new accounting rules and regulations. Help to insure compliance with regulatory financial statement findings.
- Determine what is needed to comply with current regulations. Compare our filings with others and prepare recommendations to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting Finance or CPA certification
- 4+ years of recent SEC accounting in public accounting or in a publicly held company.
- Strong understanding of GAAP. Prior retail experience is recommended by not required.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.