At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS), a division of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital.
*This position will be located in Columbia, MD office only*
Through its Maryland offices, Wells Fargo Bank is The Premier Provider of Corporate Trust Services to the Mortgage Backed Securities Market. We are currently seeking a highly motivated dynamic individual to fill a Securities Analyst 2 Position with the Residential Mortgage Services (RMS) group. The successful candidate for this position will have the skills necessary to review, analyze, and tie out new and existing loan level transactions, payment activity and reporting in which we provide various services such as Master Servicing, Aggregation Agent, Investor Reporting, Calculation Agent and /or Paying Agent.
This position will be responsible for processing routine to moderately complex transactions or reconcilements relating to loan or security payments. Duties include interacting with numerous mortgage servicers in order to work through exceptions and correction information and provide reconciled remittances and reporting/monitoring of pooled loans to determine non-compliance, communication of information to investors; evaluate servicer performance to ensure compliance with stated agreements; interacting with other internal departments as needed. Research and interpret all controlling legal documents as issues arise with collateral or investor reporting/payments
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial service, accounting, or analytical analysis; or a BS/BA degree or higher; or 2+ years of military experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, with advanced skills in Excel
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong math skills
- Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Corporate trust experience
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Experience in Mortgage Servicing, Investor Reporting
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.